The Stone Guard is the first encounter in Mogu’shan Vaults. Each statue has it’s own set of abilities and challenges. In 10 man or raid finder, only 3 of the 4 possible statues will be active.
- This boss is similar to the Omnitron Defense System in concept.
- You’ll end up with 1 tank having 2-3 Guardians while the other tank drags another one out to the side. 25 man raids should opt to use 3 tanks (Rotate the 4th guardian all around).
- Amethyst Guardian drops pools on the ground. (@ 2:30)
- Cobalt guardian fires cobalt shards at a player’s location. When the shard lands, it takes 3 seconds before any player within 7 yards can detonate it where it will root and deal damage to players within 7 yards.
- Jade Guardian constantly AoEs with Jade Shards
- Jasper Guardian will chain two players together. Chains will break if players are apart for 15 seconds. However, if the targets are over 10 yards apart, the chains will do increasing fire damage for each second they’re away from each other (over 10 yards). (@ 2:18)
- The bar at the bottom of the screen will inform you when a statue is about to explode and overload.
- Do not DPS a guardian that’s by itself.