This is a guest post by Ulkesshern, a Holy Paladin from the EU!
Undying and Immortal two achievements that are on paper really easy to get, but in practice seem to be fiendishly difficult.
Below are some random tips to hopefully help you all get some of the coolest titles in the game.
- Do Razuvious first Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Until you kill a boss you arenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t saved and thus have no raid ID to be marked as Ã¢â‚¬Å“Contains Dead PeopleÃ¢â‚¬Â should the mind controllers mess up and get someone killed, simply wipe the fight, disband the group and reform it with someone else as the leader and try again!
- Use scrolls Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Lucky you scribes, you finally serve a purpose! Especially in 10 man you arenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t going to have every buff, for example IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m frequently mage-less, a quick scroll of Intellect later and IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m a happy man, Scrolls of Fortitude are also a life saved!
- Buff up properly Ã¢â‚¬â€œ It really is serious business, donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t skimp on consumables!
- Die on trash, lots Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Its fun and doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t endanger the achievement!
- Use Divine Intervention during trash Ã¢â‚¬â€œ If you are a Paladin the last thing you want to do is somehow DI someone during a boss fight, keep it permanently on cool down (Stupid as it sounds I have heard of this happening)
- Take it steady – its not a DPS race.
- Take three(normal) or seven(heroic) healers – its much better to have bored healers than stressed healers.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t try and do all the other achievements on the same run!
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be afraid to sit someone out for a while – the achievement is granted to all players who take part in the Kel Thuzad kill on a clean raid ID. If you have someone who really canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t dance for example then get them to sit the fight out!
- Health Potions and Health Stones are your friends – DPSers, use them!
- If a DK dies while under the effect of Shadow of Death then its okay! HeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not dead yet!
- Having Undead in your raid doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t make the achievement impossible, despite the contradictory nature of their bios, Forsaken arenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t dead! (or are they and when ever you resurrect one you are killing it :/ )
- Relax and have fun!
ThereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s also one extra tip that I have not been able to personally verify, there seems to be some strong evidence kicking around that only deaths from Baron Rivendare countÃ¢â‚¬Â¦. I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know for sure, but my advice is if someone doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t die to him but does to one of other horsemen donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t give up and keep going, you might still get it!
Image courtesy of flaivoloka