While some of us (ahem, Matticus) are already level 80, most WoW players are still in the thick of the leveling process.
I thought it might be interesting to share some of my impressions so far with all of you, and of course to invite everyone to add their own thoughts and ideas.
Here’s what’s been going through my mind so far.
1. The art is amazing! Everything feels sharper, more rich, more detailed than previous versions of the game.
2. I love the shadows. The world has a depth that it never did before.
3. I really appreciate quests where I don’t have to kill 6 of this mob and 8 of the other. The more inventive, the better.
4. I still don’t like robot-themed areas. Fizzcrank airstrip gets a big thumbs down.
5. I’m enjoying all of the prehistoric-ish animals and humanoids. It makes me wonder if the designers read Jean Auel’s Clan of the Cave Bear while they were working on the storyline for the Vykrul. If not, it occurs to me that they would probably like it.
6. I really miss flight form.
7. I’m not a fan of land mounts that jiggle too much–they make me dizzy. That means you, Amani War Bear and Black War Elekk. Either I’ve got to take Dramamine or I’m sticking with the Talbuk.
8. I can’t believe I got to ride on a mammoth for a quest. It was a shame that it was even more wiggly than the War Bear! At least I know not to save my money for the Grand Caravan Mammoth now.
9. I can’t believe I have more gold now than when I installed the x-pac.
10. I never thought I would say this, but I love being a laser chicken, if only for a little while. Go Go Hurricane!