Tsulong is the second encounter in the Terrace of Endless Spring. The encounter is broken into two phases that involve your raid both DPSing the possessing sha and healing Tsulong himself back to full. There’s two ways to win: You can heal Tsulong to full health during the day or DPS Tsulong’s Sha influence to zero health at night.
- Keep Dispel handy in order to remove Nightmares (Video @ 0:59). Might not be a bad idea to preemptively cast Fear Ward.
- Check your position. Like most dragons, Tsulong has a conical breath. If you stand in front, you’ll get blasted by Shadow Breath.
- Look for and stand within Sunbeams (Video @ 0:56). It renders you immune to the Dread Shadows (Video @ 0:25) that get randomly placed all over the area. Subsequent Dread Shadows hits will increase the damage you receive from them. Avoid them and look for Sunbeams to help. They last about 30 seconds.
- Your tanks will need to repeatedly switch to manage Shadow Breath.
Tsulong is friendly and can now be healed. Ensure your HoTs are up as much as possible. With 6 healers, you can get away with assigning 3-4 healers on Tsulong specifically with the other 2 on the rest of the raid as needed.
- You can regain your mana by standing in front of Tsulong and absorbing his Sun Breath (1:37). It places a Bathed in Light (1:41) buff on players which restores 25% of their mana and creases healing done by 500%.
- Guardian Spirit works (1:42). Try to time it before Sun Breath for maximum healing.
- Be ready to dispel both Terrorize from players and Tsulong. Tsulong will lose 5% of his total health every 2 seconds for 10 seconds unless it’s removed. It’s up to DPS players to bring down Embodied Terrors (1:21).
- After an Embodied Terror is destroyed, five Fright Spawns will appear. Your tanks will want to try to corral them in front of Tsulong so that his Sun Breath can get rid of them.
Suggested Priest talents
- Belt of Embodied Terror (Priest)
- Binder’s Chain of Unending Summer (Shaman)
- Healer’s Belt of Final Winter (Priest)
- Loshan Terror Incarnate (Paladin)
- Mender’s Girdle of Endless Spring (Paladin)
- Sandals of the Blackest Night (Priest)
- Sollerets of Instability (Paladin)
- Sorcerer’s Belt of Final Winter (Priest)
- Spirits of the Sun (All)