Elegon is the fifth encounter in Mogu’shan Vaults. It’s a controlled DPS race in the beginning with a giant sprint at the end. Conserve your mana in the first portion of the encounter before unleashing everything you have in reserve for the last.
- The Energy Vortex transforms players which increases both damage done and healing received by 50%. Players will need to step back out of the vortex occasionally to remove the Overcharged debuff. Your raid will take 5% additional damage per stack of Overcharged.
- If you’re not a tank, don’t stand in front of Elegon. Like dragons, he has a Celestial Breath.
- Elegon will hit varying amounts of players at random with Arcing Energy. This applied a Closed Circuit debuff to each target reducing the healing they receive by 25%. Choose your dispel targets carefully. If a player is at near full health, you can leave them alone. If it happens to strike a tank or a player that’s low, get rid of it. If the raid is relatively stacked, you can try using Mass Dispel. (Video at 3:24)
- Stay away from Celestial Protectors as they explode when near death from Total Annihilation. (Video at 4:10)
- During phase 2, Elegon will try to reactivate the Engine of Nalak’sha by sending out 6 Energy Charges to energize focuses. If all Energy Charges are destroyed, Elegon will keep creating Energy Charges (and each one with increased 20% movement speed). This process weakens Elegon’s physical form. This phase stops the moment an Energy Charge manages to leave the vortex in the middle. (Video at 1:10)
- In phase 3, you’ll see these large force fields (Energy Conduit). Don’t cross them. (Video at 1:39)
- Make sure you’re nowhere near the middle of the room going into phase 3. The entire floor will disappear. Priests, keep your Leap of Faith and Body & Soul handy. (Video at 1:48)
- Same phase, watch out for Energy Cascade. Really easy to spot their targeting on the ground. Strafe out and avoid them. (Video at 2:22)
- Before taking out the last Empyreal Focus, make sure your raid is healed up. Elegon will pull everyone directly to him via Grasping Energy Tendrils and deal 200000+ damage if there’s no one within melee range. You can spare a raid cooldown for this if you need it to help recover.
- When Elegon reaches 50% remaining health, he becomes unstable. This is the burn phase of the encounter. He’ll periodically deal ~10000 damage to players within the Vortex and 23000+ damage to players outside it. I recommend players stacking in close to maximize healing AoE spells. Use Heroism. Use raidwide cooldowns and stagger them. (Video at 6:30)
Suggested Priest talents
- Crown of Keening Stars (Paladin)
- Galaxyfire Girdle (Priest)
- Shoulders of Empyreal Focus (Shaman)
- Touch of the Celestial Spark (Priest)