MMO Champion has reported that Val’anyr has a new effect added that lends more weight to the fact that it is a
hunter healing weapon.
Val’anyr Hammer of Ancient Kings – Equip Effect — Your healing spells have a chance to cause Blessing of Ancient Kings for 15 seconds allowing your heals to shield the target absorbing damage equal to 15% of the amount healed.
This sort of sounds like Divine Aegis on a stick.
I want to stress that there’s still not a whole lot of information about the weapon yet to effectively conclude who can make the best use of it. For now, based on this one effect, it seems to be a favorite for Holy Paladins and Discipline Priests. I think more information is going to be needed like a rough proc rate. Heck, this might not be the only ability. It could be one of a multitude of effects.
I’ve got another post on the way in the future to help discuss Val’anyr and what to keep in mind among all healers when looting the shards.
Anyway, here’s the list of healer changes.
- Mental Agility changed from 5 to 3 Ranks. Now Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast spells by 4/7/10%. (Old – 2/4/6/8/10%)
- Serendipity now reduces the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell by 4/8/12%. (Down from 6/12/20%)
- Body and Soul *New Talent* – When you cast Power Word: Shield, you increase the target’s movement speed by 30/60% for 4 sec, and you have a 50% chance when you cast Abolish Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.
- All paladins auras had their range extended from 30 yards to 40 yards.
- Sacred Shield now cannot be on more than one target at any one time.
- Infusion of Light no longer has a chance to reduce the casting time of Holy Light, but increases the the critical chance of your next Holy Light by 10/20% instead.
- Tree of Life mana cost has been changed from 28% of base mana to 13% of base mana.