Update 1:32 PM
“Actually, the effectiveness of the vehicles in the Flame Leviathan fight changes depending on the quality of the gear. So someone in full Naxxramas epics (or Ulduar epics!) will have an easier time than someone in greens. “
More information about Ulduar from this blue thread.
- We know of four additional bosses: Thorim, Freya, Iron Council, and Hodir.
- PTR will be on a testing schedule. Certain fights will be turned on at certain times so the encounter team can watch it.
- Both 10s and 25s will be available
Some quick hits here for your Tuesday morning. WoW EuropeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s released a lot of details for Ulduar.
HereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all the stuff that may interest, you in a nutshell:
- WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be engaging one of the Old Gods. Could be the final boss.
- Contains two separate raid areas. Not sure if it means wings or two instances (a la AQ 40 and 20).
- Seems one of the main areas will be where we fight the Iron Army. Humanoids (thinking ahead to CC types). IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m thinking a mix of elementals and mechanical mobs as well.
- 14 bosses, 11 of which have hard modes.
- Vehicles will be important. Motorcycles, demolishers, and siege engines will be used to breach the first set of UlduarÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s defenses.
- Sick of vehicles in Malygos Phase 3? We get to use them against the Flame Leviathan (weapons platform), type boss. The Leviathan is a part of the V0-L7R-0N weapons platform (Reference to Voltron, eh Stop?). A boss thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s only touchable via vehicles. Once it reaches a certain percentage, players can then assault the tankÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s back and destroy it.
- Flame Leviathan encounter has four defensive towers that can be destroyed. The more towers left up, the more challenging the encounter. Ergo, better and more loot.
More details to come. Yours truly will be leading a task force in there on the PTR. As you may suspect, I will be writing up healing strategies for Ulduar as soon as I devise them. Expect the usual Photoshop diagrams to accompany them.