The guild talent point system is an upcoming feature in Cataclysm that will allow guilds to invest points into certain special abilities. Itâ€™s the same idea when it comes to our individual classes. The only difference is the fact that guild talents will either give your guild some cool abilities or passive perks.
So Blizzard! My birthday is coming up shortly in another week and 2 days. I know youâ€™re hard at work on Cataclysm and Icecrown. One of the biggest features Iâ€™m waiting for is the new upcoming Guild talent point system.
Iâ€™m aware youâ€™ve included example talents like extra gold on mobs, reduced repair costs, mass resurrect and the ability to summon everyone to a certain point. Iâ€™m no game designer and I doubt Iâ€™ll ever make a good one. As a guildmaster, I have my own wishlist of guild talents Iâ€™d like to see. If you have time, Iâ€™d very much appreciate it if you could look it over. I donâ€™t expect you to use any of them but I hope something on my list might inspire your talent designers.
- Cauldron of Enlightenment: Alchemists are able to create a Cauldron of Enlightenment which is able to produce 25 Flasks of Enlightenment. Flask increases your highest individual stat by 40. (Remember, this is when spell power and mp5 and such gets compressed down to base stats).
- Bug out: Immediately renders a player immune to fires on the groundâ€¦ by teleporting them out of the instance, removing them from raid, and from guild.
- Overdrive: Haste of all members in raid increased by 25%. Does not stack with Heroism or Bloodlust. Causes Exhaustion. Only usable by the Guild Leader.
- Skilled Negotiator: All faction discounts increased by an additional 5%.
- Asylum: The 10 yard radius around you is instantly converted into a sanctuary. You cannot attack opposite faction members and opposite faction members cannot attack you. Lasts 30 seconds. Not usable in PvP.
- Letâ€™s be pals: Reputation gains increased by 5/10/15% (Okay, thatâ€™s too much. I guess a realistic number would be 2/4/6%)
- Slavedriver: All crafting professions create items 10/20/30% faster.
What about you, the rest of my readers? What type of guild talents would you like to see? Remember, the rule is that you cannot include any ability that could aversely affect PvE or PvP. So no class damage modifiers. I only included the pseudo-heroism for guilds that might not have a Shaman.