With the recent disbanding of Death and Taxes, it’s time for another moment of introspection.
When is the best time to retire? Or at least, go on a hiatus from raiding? While it may not be applicable for everyone and their guild. Here’s a few questions you’ll want to ask yourself before hanging up your armor and weapons for good.
- What are the goals I have for this game? Have I achieved what I set out to do?
- Am I even interested in raiding anymore?
- Am I getting personal satisfaction from raiding?
- How many raids have I attended in the last 60 days? How many mandatory raids have I missed?
- Do I have the time to dedicate myself to raiding so that I don’t hinder the progress that is being made by them?
- Am I satisfied with how raiding is being handled?
- Are my contributions being noted or appreciated?
- Did I give this guild’s raid groups enough time to stabilize and progress?
- Where does this Guild expect to be in raiding a month from now? 6 months from now? A year from now?
- Do I have conflicts with the leadership that cannot be resolved in a way I’m satisfied with?
- Will I still be raiding in 6 months or will real life activities take over? (School, work, etc.)
- Is this guild dying?
- Am I getting tired from raiding? Is it sapping my energy and cutting into my life responsibilities?
- Am I an asset to this Guild’s raid?
- Could I be doing anything else other than raiding right now?
- How will my departure affect the guild? Will they survive without my presence?
EDIT: I forgot to hit the save button. I wanted to add an extra note that this post was inspired by this post at Problogger. Don’t forget to attribute your posts if you borrowed the idea from someone. Stuff like not crediting the original source would’ve gotten me expelled.