Took us about two weeks and around 7 hours of attempts. Managed to crush Ultraxion last night just before the expected nerf that kicks in today. Some of the pointers I can offer you:
- We used 4 healers
- Use your 3 minute cooldowns at some point between the first and second hour. You’ll want it up again around the 5 minute mark.
- Tank 4 piece bonuses are a godsend. Finish those as quick as you can.
- Respec and glyph specifically for the encounter. Cut out talents you don’t need (like movement speed bonuses).
- Get in position for the coloured crystals early so you can run back earlier.
- Use Mana potions instead of Concentration potions if you find you don’t have the 8 seconds to spare.
- If a healer is using a Hymn of Hope, have another priest counter with Divine Hymn to offset their 8 seconds of inactivity.
- Put the team on your back and carry them like you’ve never carried before. 🙂
Sadly, no VODs of this encounter yet. Largely because I didn’t want to compromise my computer’s performance during the raid. Will try to get one this week though.
Crappy part of killing a new boss? Having to update every single recruiting thread and forum across all the different sites you have ads up on.
Oh, and if you’re reading this in an email or an RSS reader, I changed the look of the blog. Keeps many of the same colours but I’m aiming for a simpler approach.
I also changed my permalink structure. So if you’ve linked to any of the posts on the blog, chances are it’s not going to work. Just modify the URL so that it removes the date from the slug (For example, worldofmatticus.com/03/26/12/post-name is now worldofmatticus.com/post-name).
Forgot how exhausting this process can be. But, time to raid!