To summarize the key points:
- Confirmation that Spirit Shell is a spammable absorb that won’t be as powerful as Power Word: Shield. On beta, it fills the Heal role which is not very satisfactory. They are exploring the option of having it fill the Greater Heal position instead.
- They’re exploring ways to bring Rapture back in. However, they want it to scale with Spirit so that Discipline Priests don’t neglect Spirit on their gear.
- Power Word: Barrier mana costs are comparable to Divine Hymn.
- They’re exploring ways to reduce the mana cost of Mass Dispel but the spells is quite powerful and they’re considering the inclusion of a cooldown aspect.
- Players running through dungeons and raids are saying they have problems casting big heals and they are looking into this problem.
- The priest talents are still not finalized and will be undergoing further refinement.
- Glyph of Penance sucks. Glyphs as a whole are incomplete and continue to be developed.
Personally, I find it refreshing to see GC back in action again offering glimpses into the world of game balance and the various developer thought processes. Rapture’s a way cool mechanic and all, but with the other changes and such, I’m not sure if finding a way to restore it back in Mists is a real priority. Do you agree with the problems and solutions that are in the process of being implemented?