Good morning! ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the sweet taste of school freedom for me (and the beginning of WinterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Veil for all of us). Stealing a page from Anna and WyntheaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s deep thoughts (who has also been far too busy for deep thoughts).
* I finished out SundayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s weekly Spiritual Guidance post. This week I wrote about the Circle of Healing nerf, some initial thoughts on it and how to counteract or compensate for it when the changes were live. Woke up to almost 60 comments and some of them are depressing. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve come far too close to calling it a career on WoW Insider too many times. But then I realize that the number of times the post is viewed versus the actual number of comments is like 0.5% (literally). There another Priest out there that wants to try their luck at it?
* On another note, to the guys that are speccing out of Wild Growth and Circle of Healing, are you sure about that? Like, thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s still going to be AoE raid encounters. If anything, they become even more important now than they were before. Every AoE healing spell from Chain Heal to the Holy Light Glyph to Holy Nova and such will have to be used. I can understand not using it if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re not in a raid situation. But like, seriously? Everyone needs to pitch in now more than ever and if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re going to drop them out of your healing lineup, I think youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re shooting yourself in the foot.
* Stick to your guns. If thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s anything schoolÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s taught me is to always stand firm in what you believe in and take a stance. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m inclined to respect someone more if they take one stance and stay with it. I wrote about it briefly on my Twitter this morning. It started off with a tweet from @ryannaka (WoW Twitterati, thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s another one for you to add):
@mattycus It seems you hit a nerve with that post [The Spiritual Guidance one]. The complaints in the comments section always make me lol.
And heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s got a point. I did hit a nerve. But IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not going to argue one side and then double back and argue for the other. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d rather pick a stance and stick with it and let someone else come up with the counterarguments. Fellow WoW Twitterati @roflwolf said it best:
@mattycus it’s the whole "non-biased opinion" thing. no one wants to pick a side because it’ll push away an audience.
So to all the aspiring bloggers out there, you have an opinion to write and a brain to help you critically think. DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be all wishy-washy and try to cater to everyone. Sure you might lose guys that donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t agree with you because they might unsubscribe and stop reading. But the ones that do are your real fans and theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re the ones that care about you the most.
Notable heated exchanges include the following topics:
“Greedo shot first!”
“No Han did!
“Dude, Picard saw FIVE lights!”
“Did not! He saw FOUR!”
“Vader would totally kick Arthas’ ass”
“Hello? Army of Stormtroopers versus Army of Undead? I think not!”
(I might’ve made up the last one but the others are true)
* I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t care what anyone else says. 33/40 on a final exam worth 45% is NOT good enough for me. SIGH!
* I stopped putting up a Christmas tree when I was 12. I still have a pang of enviousness whenever I go to a friendÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s house. Yeah, you know who IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m talking about. That friend. You know, that friend whoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s decorated his entire house and has candy canes on the front lawn with enough lights to drain the power grid of Los Angeles? And they have a Christmas tree inside with loads of gifts and stockings over the fireplace.
But nah. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not bitter. Not at all.
* Speaking of Christmas, wow what is up with the mega commercialization of WinterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Veil this year? Small Eggs are used in the creation of Gingerbread Cookies. And theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re on the Auction House for 15g this morning. FIFTEEN GOLD FOR AN EGG! What is up with that? Why are you sucking away the spirit of WinterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Veil by marking up the prices of all this stuff? YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve got players that just want to make some simple gingerbread cookies for Father Winter. And that canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t afford things like simple eggs! They just want to give it to him as a gift, thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all!
Interesting how the virtual world can sometimes reflect the real, eh?
* Lots of emails for more Naxx guides. Seriously? WoWWiki and Boss killers have them way more detailed. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m just giving you what I think is really relevant for healer material. Need some for Malygos or OS as well?
* Speaking of Christmas, some of you might be scrambling last minute to get gifts for that favourite geek in your life. If you need some help, feel free to take a look at my personal Amazon.com wish list. Some of it is Matt specific, but the rest should work for anyone else. There are some things not on the list that I forgot to add. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not all non-fiction books. Apparently thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s this series called A Game of Thrones thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a really solid fantasy series that people keep bugging me to read.
On the other hand, if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d like to donate to your favourite WoW blog:
By the way, scratch Dark Knight off the list (Thanks Joyce!)
* Need to comb my hair before I take these shots especially on the sides. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s all leaning towards my right.
* Shopping for women is hard no matter who they are.
* Need a suggestion for a good electric powered razor with a cradle and recharageability. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m seriously getting one this year. excellen
* What the heck is this craze about this whole Twilight business?