– The Orc and Troll races have put aside their differences and are recovering from what was known as “The Tusk Wars”. The cursed, seeping hole in Garrosh Hellscream’s chest is being tended to by the troll’s best healers as way of apology, but Warchief Vol’jin is still chuckling about it.
– Groundwork for the next full expansion is under weigh. The land of Azeroth has been under monstrous forces in the last handful of years; the destruction and recrowning of the Lich King, the sapping of arcane energies by the Blue Dragonflight, the aftermath of the Cataclysm, the spread of poisonous gasses from the charred wreck of the Exodar, the extensive damage to the Stonecore and World Pillar, the warped fel forces behind the Dark Portal, the faded potency of the elemental plane with the death of Ragnaros. Looking back on the success of redesigned instances like Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep, the next expansion will be redesigns of several previous expansions and patches: Rise of the Burning Call of the Secret Cataclysm of the Crusading Lich King (or, which our developers are jovially calling, “Just Take The Old Crap And Repackage It; Those Idiots Will Never Know“). Get ready to see some old favorites making their way to the surface again!
– Using /flirt on Jaina Proudmoore no longer Sheeps your character and Teleports you to Ironforge.
– Using /flirt on High Tinker Mekkatorque no longer causes him to hump your character’s leg.
– Using /flirt on Alexstraza no longer causes Krasus to shapeshift and aggro.
– Using /flirt on Chromie now contacts your local police department. Pervert.
– Due to the popularity of Barber shops, the next patch will also release Tattoo Parlors, allowing any character to get a tattoo. Simple designs start at 75g, but more complicated patterns and styles can raise the price dramatically. Some tattoos will increase reputation gains with certain factions, but may lower gains with other factions. Choose wisely!
– Sorry, no dance studio. Please try again later.
– A new 5-man party instance is being implemented with the next patch. The newly-crowned Lich King, overwhelmed by the necrotic forces battling in his mind, has sent a new floating citadel into Azeroth. Combining the forces of the Seven Deadly Sins, these seven new bosses have become a force to contend with.
* Pride – Blood Elf warlock casting deadly mirrors that transfix party members…before a laser impales them!
* Sloth – Orc death knight, still suffering from the effects of the Malaise, finds it a valuable tool to cast on your party; slowing you and sapping your will to live!
* Envy – Undead Alchemist resents you for your life – and resolves to steal it away!
* Lust – Night Elf priest using Mind Control enchants your friends to fight for her!
* Anger – Worgen feral druid with nearly endless rage and speed buffs. Rawr!
* Gluttony – Dwarf shaman with a Beerkeg Totem inebriates his enemies…and sends them falling off the edge of the citadel!
* Greed – Goblin rogue slowly strips you of your weapons, your armor, and your life!
– Due to overwhelming demand, the Gnome-slaying quest in Uldum is now a daily.
– The quest “Locate The Leprechaun’s Lucky Charms” can no longer be completed with raid markers.
– Worgen Rogues have learned Ventriloquism. This allows them to throw their sniffling thirty yards to confuse and distract nearby NPC targets.
– Inspired by the “Fastball Special” from Marvel Comics, in light of the outcome of The Tusk Wars, Trolls can now be hurled like spears.
– Undead characters that die and are resurrected by Spirit Healers will be able to go back to where they died, find their old corpse, take limbs off, and graft them onto their new bodies. Doing so will raise their attack or movement speeds and lower casting times, but the grafted sections can wear no armor, and will increase damage taken in combat.
– Dwarves are always drunk. Always.
– Death becomes these undead masters of the blade – but death has its down sides. When in the lower levels (100 and lower), these fearsome fighters were unparalleled in their skills. However, as they are corpses and have been around QUITE a long time, high-level Death Knights will no longer be able to go AFK without a new debuff called “Rigor Mortis”. A fellow party or raid member applying Fish Oil will lubricate them enough to get them going again. Undead characters will not have this limitation, as Sylvannas keeps her subjects well-lubed for various reasons.
– The Druid transformative abilities are undergoing a radical reevaluation. The current forms to shapeshift into (Bear, Cat, Moonkin, Tree, Aquatic, Flight, Stag, Snake, Marmot, Jackalope, Monkey, and Weasel) will all have Dire equivalents. Light help us all.
– Druids in a party with other druids will be able to focus their powers into more powerful forms. A two-druid party will be able to shapeshift into a two-headed ogre (moonkin-like abilities), a chimaera (cat form-like abilities), or a corehound (bear form-like abilities). A three-druid party will be able to shapeshift into a Cerebus (bear form-like abilities), a Hydra (cat form-like abilities), or Chimaeron himself (each head a spellcaster, moonkin-like abilities). A five-druid party – should such a thing come to pass – will all be shifted into cat form and be teleported instantly to the newly created zone, Arus. There, they will battle King Zarcon, Lotor, and the Robeasts that they generate between them. Blazing Swords will be provided.
– Deathwing from the old Cataclysm days is no longer tamable as an Exotic Pet. Those who have him tamed need to release him before the patch or he will raze the city that they currently inhabit upon patching. Let’s not have that happen again.
– Ranged attack power is being increased by 50%…and then decreased by 50%…and then increased by 50% again…and then decreased by 50% again…and finally increased by 50% again. Yes, we could have said that ranged attack power would be 93.375% of what it currently is, but you people seem to prefer doing the math.
– In honor of the upcoming release of Portal 7, “GLaDOS & GLaDYS Explore Black Mesa”, Mages are undergoing a radical redesign. While they will still be player-controlled, they will no longer be individual characters anymore. All mages are being ‘transformed” into Portal guns that will appear in the inventory of party and raid leaders. The portals that they generate are the end portals of other, pre-set locations. They will have a specific portal that food and drink will fall out of, along with portals to expose enemies to the open portals in the Elemental planes of Fire, Ice, and Magic (thus representing the mage’s three trees). As this will lower the worldswide population of Gnomes by 25%, the change is being embraced by all admins, beta testers, and cinematic directors.
– The 41-point Paladin Holy talent, “Holier Than Thou” is being scaled down. Instead of the Smug buff for 45 seconds, increasing attack speed and power by 50%, the paladin’s single target receives a Shame debuff, which applies attack speed and power penalties of 25% for one minute.
– Priest no longer regenerate mana through Spirit. In order to use any spells that day, all priests must complete at least fifteen daily quests at the chapels in Stormwind or the Undercity. Daily quests there will charge their mana pool. In order to regain mana, they will need to complete more quests. 120 quests have been added to the chapels in each area, and they include quests to sit in place and pray for half an hour, change out candles, listen to confessions, and polish pews.
– Discipline Priests, your concerns have been heard. The days of nerfing your shields are over. Weakened Soul has been removed from the game and the shield is now an instant cast. Also, the shields stack to 3. As of the next release, your shields’ strengths will be doubled to a massive total of 2 damage blocked per shield. However, in light of the powerful change, the cost of the spell is being increased by 20% to a base cost of roughly 15,000 mana each.
– The shadow priest ability which augmented Shadowform to allow the priest to walk through walls has been removed from the game. This is due to the increasing complaints from Tyrande Whisperwind regarding her private quarters.
– Rogues are now no longer able to bribe nearby guards into overlooking their covert actions – except in Goblin Zones (including those of the Steamwheedle Cartel). In those areas, the bribe price has doubled.
– Electric Fence, a new Elemental Totem augmentation, sets a Lightning Charge between a shaman’s totems. Enemies crossing this barrier endure 12,000 Nature Damage each tick. Destroying any of the totems causes an instant feedback of 50,000 Nature Damage, but the totems are all destroyed and cannot be recalled for 30 seconds. A glyph involving the electric fence is in development.
– Demon Multiplication is being removed from the game, as too many players are removing unused demons, replacing them with additional succubi, and equipping the “Pimp” title from the last expansion.
– Draenei are now able to roll Warlocks. Doing so warps their forms into quasi-Eredar, allowing a stronger Demonic Link to their familiars.
– The various Focusing Lenses available through Jewelcrafting are now effective in PvP. When used, all cat-form druids will be Mind Controlled into running to the target of the Focusing Lens.
– Glyph of “I’m Taking You With Me” allows falling priests to cast Leap of Faith on nearby non-falling targets.
– Glyph of “Better You Than Me” allows falling priests to use Leap of Faith to exchange their position with a nearby non-falling target.
– Glyph of “Death Blossom” has a chance to lock a rogue into Fan of Knives for 5-10 seconds, allowing AoE damage in addition to their normal attacks.
– The soul of an ancient enemy has been reclaimed and forced into fel servitude. Glyph of “Summon Hogger” will replace a warlock’s felguard with a familiar fighting face.
– Got old Dalaran Cooking Rewards laying around doing nothing? A new Cooking Mount is being introduced: an “Ice Cream Truck” for 400 DCRs. The mount will contain an NPC that sells frozen confections, but the truck will also play music incessantly – and un-mutable – while summoned. This mount is in addition to the 200 DCR “Hot Dog Cart” that was announced last patch. Wearing the Chef’s Hat while using either mount will increase travel speed by 50%.
– Gnomes and Goblins will be allowed to use their fishing skills with seaforium.
– Dwarves and Trolls will be allowed to use their fishing skills with ranged weapons.
– Druids will be allowed to use their fishing skills in aquatic form, by catching fish in their mouths.
– Mining has a rare chance to proc a disease called “Black Lung”.
– To expand on the use of Decahedral Dwarven Dice and Worn Troll Dice, Inscribers can now create “Character Sheets” and “GM Screens”. Yo Dawg, we heard you like to role play. So we put some role play in your role play so you can role play while you role play.