I have to share this. I saw an excellent post on Plusheal asking for advice about a fresh and new guild trying to find itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s legs (actually it was about how to democratically disagree, but thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a topic for another time). One of the Plusheal acolytes, Caveat, replied with a great list of questions to help Ã¢â‚¬Å“reality checkÃ¢â‚¬Â your guild. Here it is!
- Do you have a clearly defined identity?
- Do you have a clearly defined schedule?
- Do you actually FOLLOW that schedule? (some of the best recruits we have had recently left a guild whose raid times started the same as ours- but while we start pulling within 5 minutes of that time, the other guild routinely failed to pull for 45 minutes or more. We went thru that stage, and figured out we were shooting ourselves in the foot )
- Do you have legitimate and fair looting system, with defined rules that are followed?
- Do you have a plan for progression?
- Do you have fun playing together?
- What is your vent environment like- are you foul mouthed teens or boring old geezers? (Each is ok, but appeal to totally different players)
- How are you with female players?
What would you add to the list? More importantly, how would you answer these questions about your own guild?
Image courtesy of OwnMoment