Guild still alive?
Raids are firing?
Congratulations! We’re halfway through the summer before school comes back and everyone returns from vacation (yay). This is one of the most brutal summer raiding tiers for us but we’ve been fortunate. Certain players were granted the ability to switch roles and characters which helped keep us afloat. Right now we’re looking to add an additional DPS/tank hybrid (of the plate variety). Our latest kill was heroic Horrion (two weeks ago) and we’ve set our sights now on Tortos. With our best attempt at a little under 50%, we’re poised to crack his shell sometime this week.
I really want to see a return to winged raids though. Mists consisted largely of linear raids. Our raids were cut short tonight because of the absence of a third tank. Even though we can power through Jin’rokh, we’re not in position to two tank heroic Horridon right now which means we’ve lost a day of raiding. It would be nice to have the option to move around and jump ahead to a different boss that we can logistically work on with two tanks. I suppose it’s possible to bypass Horridon on normal mode but that means giving up 6 items plus whatever coin rolls and our goal is to equip our players with gear that will set us up for Siege of Orgrimmar.
Rather not though.
In other news, I’ve reached 90 on my Paladin and decided to try my hand at tanking for the first time ever.
What Matt learned while tanking
- I see nothing but boss crotch all day, everyday.
- Threat gets ripped like nobody’s business.
- AoE tanking can be a cluster.
- I can’t heal myself while I’m tanking.
- I can’t tank more than 45 mobs at the same time in a mash of green and blue gear.
- Queues are really instant. Faster than my healing queues.
- If a pet taunts, I’m not taking it back because they’re generous enough to distribute the load.
- Don’t bubble with low health.
- People really do single target DPS on different mobs.
- I would die of a heart attack if I tried to tank a raid.
Yeah. I mean it’s fun with people you know. I’m absolutely certain my guild gets a kick out of hearing me scream and shout when I tank. But oh man. I can’t believe I’m going to use this character and tank for flex raids.