I am currently blogging with this song playing in the background.
Anyway, a whole plethora of patch 4.3 stuff about to debut soon. I’m on the PTR again (Anasterian, Matticus, Alliance side) so if you’re bored or want a place to hang out, feel free to look me up.
Patch 4.3 in general
First thing I did when I logged in was look for the Transmog guy. Converted the tier 12 level stuff I was wearing into the Avatar set. The short hand term for Transmogrifying is now apparently known as ‘Mogging. You can find the Ethereals providing this service in the outer ring of the Cathedral Square. 100 gold for me to drop individual cloth items into void storage. Interesting gold sink. Remember to Mog your stuff first before dumping it into storage.
Favourite character ever. Kupo!
Patch 4.3 healing
I feel for the Resto Druids but healing output was a little high. This’ll probably be the first on the list of Druid changes anyway. Didn’t see the glyph change coming though. We’ll have a few weeks to see how that plays out. Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins received a major amount of changes.
- Wild Growth healing value has been reduced by 20%.
- Glyph of Wild Growth now also increases the cooldown on Wild Growth by 2 seconds.
I can feel every non-Druid healer just pumping their fists. Anyone else have the feeling that there might be more on the way?
- Divine Plea now grants a charge of Holy Power.
- Holy Radiance has been revamped – Imbues a friendly target with radiant energy, healing that target and all party or raid members within 10 yards for 50 to 61 and another 683 every 1 sec for 3 sec and grants a charge of Holy Power. 40 yd range, 40% of base mana, 3 sec cast
- Seal of Insight no longer restores the paladin’s mana.
- Clarity of Purpose now also affects Holy Radiance.
- Infusion of Light now also affects Holy Radiance.
- Judgements of the Pure now also increases your mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by 10/20/30%.
- Light of Dawn now heals up to 6 targets, up from 5.
- Paragon of Virtue now reduces the cooldown of Divine Protection by 15/30 sec, up from 10/20 sec.
- Speed of Light no longer reduces the cooldown of Holy Radiance.
- Tower of Radiance got an extra effect – In addition, casting Holy Radiance will always generate one charge of Holy Power.
- Glyph of Light of Dawn now lowers the number of targets to 4, instead of increasing targets to 6, but increases healing by 25%.
- Divine Hymn now heals up to 5 targets, up from 3. Maximum of 20 heals, up from 12.
- Atonement will now account for the target enemy’s combat reach when calculating proper range, enabling it to be used on large creatures such as Ragnaros and Ala’kir.
- State of Mind has been replaced with Heavenly Voice Increases the healing done by your Divine Hymn spell by 50/100%, and reduces the cooldown by 2.5/5 minutes.
- Glyph of Circle of Healing now also increases the mana cost of Circle of Healing by 20%.
While I was hoping for another cooldown, I’m cool with a really buffed Divine Hymn. FIVE TARGETS!? Yeesh! Liking the new Heavenly Voice talent. Had to figure out how to retalent a little. I came up with something like this:
But I suppose I should find room for Lightwell with that tier 13 set bonus. Perhaps I’ll axe a point from Surge of Light. I wonder if I need to rethink the Circle of Healing glyph.
- Ancestral Healing got an extra effect – heals you cast increase allies’ maximum health by 10% of the amount healed, up to a maximum of 10% of their health.
- Cleansing Waters – The heal effect can only occur once every 6 seconds.
- Riptide healing effect has been increased by 50%, from 3725 to 5585.
- Wind Shear now has a 25 sec cooldown, up from 6 sec.
Won’t be able to count on Resto Shaman interrupts on demand anymore. This looks like it will cripple PvP shamans (and they mentioned it in their explanations post). But a numbers buff to Riptide and the extra effect to Ancestral Healing looks real cool. Have a feeling that this is a better change for 10 man raiding shamans.
Love it! I may not Mog this at all! Helm itself looks pretty stellar. I believe the female Priests have only half of the mask covering their face.
End Time instance
I really hope they’re not done here yet. It seems a little undertuned. We killed one of the bosses in there and Jaina’s Staff dropped. Looks like this place will be dropping 378 items. Nice way to reset the gear floor and get players caught up. I’m going to do a little more runs in there but it just didn’t do anything for me. The instance is still incomplete but so I’m looking for more stuff.
So, how’re you feeling on the changes, the tier, and the new instances?