As I’m sure you’ve heard by now I’ve had the good luck to join the team over at WoW.com. Today I was originally going to post another installment of It Came From The P.U.G. but instead I’d like to take this morning and do a few things.
First I want to thank everyone! Honestly I wouldn’t be where I am without your support and your readership. It really drove it home last night when I was reading through some comments and email I received where people who applied for the Resto Shaman position informed me they put a caveat in their applications that should I apply, I should be hired instead of them. I mean really, how often do you hear someone say that? “You should totally hire me… unless this other person applies!”. Let me tell you, it doesn’t happen often if ever. All the well wishes I received (and still am receiving) all the congrats and good lucks, it’s overwhelming and really drove home how many truly amazing people I’ve met since I started blogging. I’ve gone from Lodur to Joe and I just want to thank you guys so much for everything.
Second, I went out for some delicious Poutine (yes it’s a food thank you Canada for it!) after my raid last night with a guildie and friend. We were sitting around talking about various things from healing assignments to loot to what I was doing for my birthday this year. He asked a question “So, For The Lore, World of Matticus, Way of the Totem and now WoW.com. What are you going to do with all that?”. It’s a question I’ve received at least a couple times over the last 24 hours. So for those of you asking about what Lodur will be doing now here’s some information.
- I’ll still be posting here on WoM. It might not be as frequent as before but it will be there. Besides Thespius and Mimetier have been doing a great job and you’ll have plenty to read
- The posts here will be less Resto centric. More pug stories, more raid strategies. For all things restoration specific I’ll be posting them over at WoW.com
- I’ll still be doing my weekly podcast ForTheLore. Make sure to listen to this weeks episode as my Warcraft section pretty much convinced two people who quit the game to come back.(Or close to it)
- I will still be posting on Way of The Totem with my story pieces for Lodur.
- I’m not going to get an ego about it. I love writing, when I started blogging it was to help provide information to people and offer other opinions than what was out there already. I am going to continue to do that, but I wont forget who my friends are.
- I’m sorry to say that contrary to popular belief this does not allow me to hand out ponies. I wish it did =(
- Yes I’ll still be looking for reader input. Both here on WoM and for WoW.com. I write for you guys after all is said and done and knowing what you want to read helps a lot
- Yes I’m still working on my own video game and hope to have a beta test soon for you all to enjoy!
With that you can see I’m not going anywhere, I have plans to be around for a long time here and elsewhere. I just hope I can keep pumping out the quality for you guys.!
Now for some reader input. Ladies and gents it’s that time of year for Dear Lodur. This is your time to shine folks. Send me some questions either here through the contact form or DM me on Twitter and I’ll pick some to showcase.
Once again thank you everyone! Look later in the week for another P.U.G. story and keep on rocking out!
Until next time!
(p.s.that picture at the top for the article, yeap that’s me with my metal face )