You didn’t think I was going to finish out the year without the traditional “Best of 2009” post, did you? Here’s the top posts of 2009 based on your views, comments, and tweets.
- 5 Archetypes of the Healer – First time guest poster Lodur takes a look at the different healing archetypes and the signs to watch for.
- 4 Reasons Healing Meter Sucks – Ulkesshern guest posts with his thoughts on the flaws of healing meters.
- The Secret to Being a World Class Healer – You’re 1 click away from discovering what really great healers have in common. What are you waiting for?
- Why Play a Healer? – Professor Beej contributed a guest post on why healers play healers.
- 7 Important Healing Lessons I Learned from 1 Quest – This was written recently and has generated positive reactions.
- Healer DPS: The Good, the Bad, the Unfair – Newest contributor Thespius writes about what healers don’t often do: DPS.
On gaming and society
- On Exploits: A Philosophical Musing – Remember that whole “Ubershirt” scandal? Syd weighs in on the legitness of exploiting.
- Girls Hate Chuck Norris: On Women and Raiding Guilds – Women continue and raiding continue to be a hot topic and Syd doesn’t shy away from this either.
- Sympathy for a Griefer – There is this guy who creates a character where all he does is just grief people all day within the confines of the game.
- Archetypes of the Female Gamer, revisited – Syd writes another post that strikes a cord with you readers garnering over 200 reactions.
On guild management
- Officers: Who Watches the Watchmen? – I detail my thoughts down on officers and who or what keeps them in check from abusing their powers.
- Us vs. Them: What can I do When Guild Members Disagree – Syd writes a post on mediation between officers and the rest of the guild when differences occur.
- Friends and Raiders: Raider Accountability – Lodur tackles a guild topic on raider discipline and how to make sure the players are putting in 100%.
- The No Asshole Rule: Constructing a Civilized Guild – This post title speaks for itself.
- What GMs Want to See on Your App – I have seen many applications over the years. Here’s a list of things that you should include.
- 6 Ways to Reject a Guild App Without Sounding like an Angry Ex – I have also turned down applications. Here’s how to let them down gently.
- Is Applying to Multiple Guilds a Sin? – A question was asked on Twitter on whether or not players should take the shotgun approach. I provided my thoughts as well as the thoughts of others.
- 10 vs 25-Person Content Revised – Syd changed her mind on 10 vs 25 player raids. But why?
- 6 Influential Factors in Loot Council Decisions – Want to know what goes on behind the scenes in officer chat when loot is being discussed? Here is a glimpse.
- Raid Flexibility: Preparing for the Inevitable – Players are going to leave for whatever reason. Lodur outlines some preparation steps to keep your raiding machines going.
- Pass the Parcel: When Raiders Won’t Roll – One of Mimetir’s first blog posts on loot and explains the motivations that players have to not roll.
- Syd’s Guide to Blogging: How to Read – Syd wrote a post for early bloggers on the topic of reading. Yes, before you can write, you have to read!
- Syd’s Guide to Blogging: Getting Started – Syd followed it up with how to actually get the ideas flowing and to begin writing.
- The Purple Kodo: 13 Points of Blogging – There are a ton of blogs out there. But how do you get noticed? How do you get people to link to you? Am I posting too much? What is a successful post? All these and more questions were answered.
To other WoW bloggers, I’d love to see you compile a list of your favourite posts that you have written over the past year and don’t be afraid to post a link in the comments to it below.
Have a safe and happy new year! I would share my New Years party stories, but chances are, this Dwarf would not remember. There was that one year where I woke up half naked with a Tauren beside me and a banana…