I hit level 80 last night around 8:45 PM. Most of the player curve is around the 74-75 area so IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m considered Ã¢â‚¬Å“aheadÃ¢â‚¬Â of the curve. Although I could credit my leveling speed to my Ã¢â‚¬Å“Asian racial (25% extra stamina when really focused on a goal, cooldown: once every 365 days)Ã¢â‚¬Â, thereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a few things to keep in mind if you really want to get to 80 as fast as possible.
Note, youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll miss out on a lot of the lore and the story. But IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m proceeding on the assumption that it is not a primary concern.
- Accept all quests in the area without reading the backstory. 4 out of 5 times, the quest involves you killing something or picking something up. Read what you have to do, and go do it. You donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t need to know about the circumstances behind the objective.
- On quests where you need to pick up items off the ground, keep looking for others. It takes a few seconds to loot one anyway. Use the time to spot.
- Forget professions. Worry about them when youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re 80.
- Train at every 2nd level. Unless there is a specific spell that you feel you really need, it takes a lot of effort to fly down to the port and boat or zepp back to your capital cities.
- Keep the autorun handy. Read up on WoWhead or your favourite leveling guide to find out what you need to dow hen you get to your destination.
- Chunking. Just like how I sometimes write my posts in massive chunks or blocks, do all the quests in an area. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll usually do 7 or 8 quests at a time per hub and do a gigantic turn in.
- Know your damage rotations. Find out the fastest way to kill things even if it means being inefficient. YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re trading efficiency for speed. Find out what the Ã¢â‚¬Å“executeÃ¢â‚¬Â range is. A typical Smite and Shadow Word:Death will kill any mob with around 3000 health remaining. Holy Nova will clean it up.
- Blow your cooldowns. YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re not fighting a raidboss. Everytime Heroism is up and you have to level an entire camp of Gnolls, do it. If Power Infusion is available and you get to blow up Murlocs, use it. Maximize the useage. If it involves you killing 60 Rhinos for Nessingwary, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a green light to pop trinkets and just nuke the place.
- Consumables. Chances are, you still have still have some Mana Potions and food or flasks left. Use them as youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re leveling. TheyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll provide a slight edge.
- Know how much resource it takes you to kill a mob. For example, I know it takes me ~3000 mana to bring a whelp down to its knees. For most mobs, its around 3000 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 3500 mana. If I can squeeze off one more kill before drinking, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll do it.
What other tips would you suggest for players that want to level fast?