Let’s talk about BlizzCon. We knew we would be receiving the Warcraft movie trailer finally. I don’t believe anyone expected there to be a Legion cinematic at the same time though. I love watching the fleet of airships as they make their assault against the Burning Legion’s foothold.
Sadly, this BlizzCon didn’t come without a personal cost. A few players from my guild decided to part ways while I was at the convention. Consequently, I’ve suspended all future raids for the time being and players have the choice to explore free agency if they wish. This was a horrible expansion for me when it comes to raids. Couldn’t get much mythic headway in at all. After 8 years at the helm, we’re finished. It hasn’t quite hit me yet since I have the emotional range of a Dwayne Johnson (a Rock). My time’s being kept busy with Hearthstone, Overwatch, and Starcraft 2. I’m more disappointed with my inability to get the job done. It’s a little crushing to watch your own guild dismantle piece by piece like that. No one’s fault but my own. I haven’t decided on my future yet but my plan is to continue being the Jagr of Warcraft.
Without the mullet, that is.
World of Warcraft
- Transmog system looks amazing, moreso of the fact that I free up a boatload of inventory space
- Challenge modes, we were expecting a D3 announcement of sorts, but the fact that WoW is taking a page from the Greater Rift system is neat
- Non-linear leveling! Zones scale up! This is going to put a damper in my plans to shoot for server first again since I have to figure out optimal routes and stuff now
- Priest changes look ground-shattering. More on that to come later
- Mythic and 20 player raids are here to stay, it looks like
- Managed to beat the campaign on hard, working on the epilogue now
- Coop mode is enjoyable but the difficulty is lacking especially as you progress through the individual character levels. Even brutal becomes easier to stomach
- Delighted to hear about the first set of mission packs that will come later in the year
- League of Explorers is fun! Managed to defeat the first wing on both normal and heroic. Temple Escape is one of the more enjoyable encounters. My video guides will be up on Blizzard Watch on Sunday shortly.
- Yes, I’m in the beta. Game is infinitely more fun when playing with friends than playing solo
- Problem with shooters is that I get frustrated at myself
- Like Warcraft and Heroes, I’m usually playing a support
- Anyone else manage to get in? Looking for more people to play with
Heroes of the Storm
- What? Cho’gall? Really?
- Tracer is in the first wave of Overwatch heroes. Iconic and an excellent choice
- Can’t wait to give the arena mode a spin
All in all, it felt like a more muted BlizzCon but then again, BlizzCon 2014 brought us a completely new game and franchise and it’s tough act to follow.